Monday 18 April 2016

Stereotypes, streotypes everywhere


I have to say, I can understand why many of the goth stereotypes actually became stereotypes. And I somehow don´t really mind if someone think that this or that is goth. Like Halloween, vampires, bats and so. It´s mostly harmless, so nevermind.
But I really hate it, when people think we murder animals, or are all antisocial depressive psychopaths, who hate everything and everyone, or that we never laugh and that sort of stuff.
But going back to stereotypes, especially the ones, that apply to me...

- Black of course. I love black color. Having a job where I had to wear all white was just killing me and I used every chance to wear at least black pants. :D But I´m little bit happier now, because I´m on a different position and I have gray or dark green t-shirt, white coat and I don´t have to wear work pants anymore.
I wear black most the time, sometimes in combination with red, purple, white or gray, and for a long time I used to have black hair, too.


- Vampires and werewolves!
(and other interesting creatures) They are really fascinating to me,and I love stories with vampires or werewolves. I even played RPG as a werewolf, later somehow married to a vampire and my ehm..brother :D Nevermind, it´s a really loooong story :D
For many years now I wanted vampire fangs and yeah, I´m little bit jealous of Adora :D But sadly, I can´t have them...Splay teeth - it would´t look nice :-/ (maybe when I will be old I will get a false teeth with fangs...:D A vampire granny :D).
We used to make fun with a friend pretending that I´m a vampire. Really great fun :D

- And bats too. I want to have a bat pet. :D
Well, I can´t, but at least I have some bat jewelry and a rubber bat on string.
And Zero, my cute plush bat I got at a thrift store (why would anyone give such a cutie away? Nevermind, he´s mine now :D)
I´m going to get a bat tattoo soon (hopefully :) )
I like dragons as well, and wolves. And spiders, but not the real ones :D They are somehow scary...but fascinating as well.

- Dark art. All the dark and "depressing" pictures. Years ago I even tried making some sort of dark-art pictures and photomanipulations myself. It was fun, but I don´t have time for that now. Sometimes I miss it.

- Going to cemeteries. I think cemeteries are amazing places. Especially the old ones. I don´t like the modern graves and the fake flowers...too kitschy I think...and not in a good way. I remember the fascinating cemeteries I´ve seen when I was in England.
I used to go at my local cemeteries for a walk, thinking and relaxing. And taking photos. The statues are amazing and some of the graves too. It´s an lovely piece of architecture...an art.
And it´s a nice quiet place :)


- Aversion to light. Especially the sunlight. My brother used to laugh always, that I should go and live in a cave (well, I doubt there would be an internet connection, so forget it! :D), because I kept it always dark in my (our) room.  But, my eyes are sensitive when it comes to light, and I almost can´t see in the bright summer sunlight. Annoying..and it really hurts! -_-

- Pale skin. My mother used to say, I should get tanned a little bit, because with the black hair and pale skin I looked like the death. :D
I have nothing against tanned people, but I just don´t like it at myself. I like the pale skin, it looks nice :)

- Skulls. I like buying things with skulls. Skull decorations, clothes with skulls, skull accessories. :D Kitschy, but who cares? :D
 
- Fantasy and sci-fi.
My favourite genres and it doesn´t matter, if it´s a movie, series, anime or game (even if I don´t really play games myself).

- Halloween of course. It´s not celebrated in our country, but I like the theme. And we used to have something like costume meetings every year before (I really miss that). Well, most of my "costumes" weren´t  costumes at all. :D One year I was searching for a group in McDonalds...they liked my ehm "costume" and even wanted to take a photo with me. And I got a free icecream :D
"But it´s not a costu...oh, free icecream...nevermind" :D

- Being artistic.
Ok, maybe not that much, but I model and take photos, I also make jewelry. I used to draw and write a lot before, but nowdays not that much (so many ideas, so little time!)

Photo: Igi Petrilla/ Model and edit: Me

2 comments:

  1. Recently, I had to drive to the Northeast of my country, which is more than 2,400 km distance. I live in and drove across the American South. The South is well known for being conservative and religious. I wore black, as I always do, and had no problems with anyone.

    I believe that being polite and respectful helps to destroy the false myths about us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That´s really great. And I too believe, that if you are polite and nice, that normal people won´t treat you differently even when you look different. But, there are still judgemental people, who don´t even want to get to know someone, when they see, he/she is little bit different than they are. You can hardly change the minds of those kind of people.

      Delete